The Gateway Medical Society offers an annual provider symposium for continuing education for health professionals. This program facilitates communication, collaboration and networking among health professionals. It also provides a forum to discuss issues which aid in the advocacy for health reform and minority health issues. Additionally, we look to increase minority representation in the healthcare workforce.
Who Should Attend
Physicians, nurses, social workers and other multidiscipline network and community-based professionals. Participants can often receive CME credits.
How You Can Have an Impact
- Keep up to date on strategies to reduce health disparities
- Increase the cultural awareness of your staff and colleagues
- Identify issues related to social determinants and utilize appropriate community resources
- Managing Patients after Discharge from Acute Care
- Understanding Medical Marijuana
- Electronic Health Records and Patient Centered Medical Home
- Reducing Racial Disparities in Cancer Outcomes
- The Opioid Crisis
- Precision Medicine and Personalized Medicine
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act
- Veterans' Health Update for Community Healthcare Providers