Become a Member
The mission of Gateway Medical Society is to promote health care and general welfare of minority and socio-economically challenged populations in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Our membership is mostly composed of physicians and dentists, but also includes physicians in training, nurses and allied health professionals. Collectively we represent almost every field of medicine and welcome the new and diverse perspectives of a growing membership.
Please join us in our mission and become a part of an organization making a positive impact on the community!
- Involvement in GMS activities including membership meetings, social events, and professional educational symposia
- Receive the GMS emails on news and pertinent healthcare legislation
- Opportunities to network with other minority physicians in the greater Pittsburgh area
- Partner with other community organizations to reduce health care disparities
- Opportunity to be featured in a “Member Spotlight” to increase the visibility of your practice
- Voting representation within the NMA House of Delegates (Physician Members Only)
- Mentorship opportunities for physicians in training.
Membership in the Gateway Medical Society is from January 1 to December 31.
New members are encouraged to join at anytime during the year.
Membership renewal is from October to December.
Licensed physicians of allopathic, osteopathic and podiatric medicine and dentistry living or practicing in Southwestern Pennsylvania) — $200
- Physicians, dentists and podiatrists who are members of a chartered medical organization in non-US countries; US physicians located in foreign countries engaged in missionary work; physicians who are not in clinical practice but are full-time teachers in accredited medical, osteopathic, dental or podiatric schools in the US — $50
- Residents/Fellows-(post-graduate physicians, residents, dental fellows, pediatric residents training in an accredited medical education program, students in an accredited medical, osteopathic, dental or pediatric school) — $25
- Nurses/Advanced Practice Provider/Allied Health (Registered Nurses, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners licensed in the state of Pennsylvania, Pharmacists) — $25
May be awarded to individuals who have made notable and worthwhile contributions to the field of medicine or allied science. Subject to the Executive Committee, honorary members may be granted lifetime membership with a one-time membership fee or waiver of annual membership dues.
Eligibility for emeritus membership occurs after age seventy (70).
Associate, Honorary and Emeritus members shall have the same rights and privileges as active members, except for the rights to vote or hold office.