Gateway to Wellness
Healthy Minds - Healthy Souls
Registration Contact: Tamara Reese
Registration Email: email@example.com
Registration Phone: (412) 281-4086
GOAL OF THE PROGRAM:
African-Americans experience more stressors than any other racial group living in this country. Regardless of socioeconomics or educational achievements, African-Americans fall victim to stressors that lead to behaviors that potentially shorten the longevity of so many talented individuals.
The goal of this symposium is to highlight the current challenges, available resources and opportunities to prevent many overt and silent stressors such as violence and addiction that limit growth of individuals and our communities at large.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, Teenagers, the community.
The violence and addictive behaviors in our communities and the day to day encounters of structural racism results in early deaths of our youth, unborn children, dismantling of families and underutilization of recognized talent in our communities.
The disparity gaps in prevention and appropriate intervention of unrecognized stressors can only
be narrowed when health care and community resources experts collaborate strategically.
Speak Up: Minding Our Minds
Managing Stressors will be explored through an interactive dialogue with healthcare and
community resources experts.
And The Beat Goes On
The Youth Program will allow our youth to explore the positive and negative impact that music may
have on responsible decision making in their lives.
- State Rep. Ed Gainey - Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Taunya Marie Tinsley, DMin, PhD, NCC, LPC Clinical Director - Mount Ararat Counseling Center & Owner, Transitions Counseling Services LLC
- Isaiah Gwinn, LCSW Clinical Social Worker - Adaptive Behavioral Health
- Zach Young, MS, CAADC, Treatment Consultant - American Addiction Centers
- Rev. Paul Abernathy - Director, Focus Pittsburgh
- Donnesha Slider, MD - Board-Certified Adult, Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist South Hills Integrated Psychiatric Services, P.C.
- Monique Brown, M.Ed - Behavioral Specialist, Independent Consultant
- Marvin McGowan, DO - Central Outreach Wellness Center
- Marcia Martin - Vice President, Gateway Health
Time: 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Place: Herberman Conference Center
UPMC Shadyside Hospital
5150 Centre Avenue, 2nd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
View Past Events | View Upcoming Events